Colony Swim Club
Job Description - Pool Manager
Reports To: Colony Swim Club Board of Directors
The Pool Manager will oversee and manage all operations of the club and Colony Swim Club (CSC) staff during the season. The Pool Manager will collaborate with the CSC Board of Directors to establish and facilitate operational and personnel policies for CSC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a safe atmosphere for CSC Members, Guests, and Staff.
- Positively interact with CSC Members and Guests
- Coordinate CSC season opening and closing activities with the CSC Board.
- Assist with hiring, coordinate training and certification of CSC Staff.
- Coordinate the CSC swim lesson program
- Maintain staff schedule and ensure that required staff levels are met.
- Assist in CSC staff interview process and evaluations.
- Maintain proper pool chemistry and ensure proper pool operations are completed.
- Manage cash control and banking
- Maintain inventory for Snack Bar and Pool Supplies.
- Assist in coordination of CSC special events, such as swim meets and member functions.
- High School Graduate
- First Aid, and CPR Certified
- Experience in pool management operations
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Availability between Memorial Day and Labor Day
- Experience in supervising staff and day to day business operations
- Experienced and knowledgeable in operation of pool and equipment or demonstrates ability to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Maturity and ability to interact well with people of all ages
Qualifications listed below, while not necessarily a requirement for this position in each circumstance, provide additional depth and value to the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Lifeguard Certification
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) Certification
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification
- Life Guard Instructor (LGI) Certification